Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center, located in Charlotte, NC, is actively recruiting for a part-time, board certified/board eligible Pediatric Hospitalist to join their team. Hemby Children’s Hospital is a pediatric hospital within an adult hospital. The pediatric unit includes a PICU staffed by Pediatric Intensivists and is supported by multiple pediatric subspecialties. Our hospitalists support a large network of pediatricians and family physicians. Our team teaches Novant Health Family Medicine residents as well as medical students from UNC. The position involves 1170 hours of work per year, divided between day and night shifts. Physicians interested in exclusive nocturnist shifts may also apply.
The greater Charlotte market offers attractive living in both metro and surrounding suburbs. Enjoy access to shopping, fine dining, plentiful outdoor recreation, professional sporting events, concerts, and cultural events, public and private schools, and universities. Enjoy beautiful North Carolina weather, 4 balanced seasons, access to mountains and beaches and an international airport.
Pediatrics at Novant Health
- The St. Jude Affiliate Clinic at Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital has been recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a hemophilia care Center of Excellence.
- Available level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) provides infants with the highest possible level of care.
- Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital is a member of the prestigious Children’s Hospital Association.
- Hemby Children’s Hospital is a Magnet Health Care facility recognized for excellence in nursing.
Novant Health offers:
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient centers and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to our communities. The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,900 physicians and over 36,000 team members that provide care at more than 800 locations, including 16 medical centers and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics. Headquartered in Winston–Salem, North Carolina, Novant Health is committed to making healthcare remarkable for patients and communities providing nearly six million patient visits annually.
- Novant Health is one of “America’s Best-In-State Employers 2023,”ranking No. 38 in North Carolina, according to Forbes and market research company, Statista. Novant Health has been consistently recognized as a Best-In-State Employer since Forbes launched the list in 2019.
- Novant Health has been ranked No. 17 in the nation and third among U.S. health systems in the 2023 Diversity MBA Magazine Rankings for “Best Places to Work for Women & Diverse Managers.”
- In 2022, Novant Health provided more than $1.5 billion in total community benefit (including financial assistance and unpaid cost of Medicare and Medicaid). In 2022, Novant Health community engagement contributed more than $1.9 million in charitable contributions to community partners in Charlotte, Winston-Salem and Wilmington that offer community-based health and human services.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.