Novant Health Pediatric Surgery – New Hanover in Wilmington, NC has a full-time opportunity for a pediatric surgeon to partner with their team. We provide surgical care at Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center and Nunnelee Pediatric Multispecialty Clinic. All of our patients are seen within the same facility. Support is provided by a full spectrum of pediatric hospitalists, anesthesiologists, radiologists, neonatologists and numerous other sub-specialists. The pediatric surgery program draws patients from surrounding counties with a strong pediatric and maternal-fetal medicine referral base. There is no primary trauma responsibility and ECMO is not currently offered at our facility. Educational opportunities are provided by a robust general surgery residency and partnership with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine.
Wilmington, NC is a coastal city with a small-town feel. It offers a variety of activities – historic downtown runs along the Cape Fear River, Thalian Hall Performing Arts Center, beach & water activities, and great restaurants and shops. The community offers many family-oriented events and festivals throughout the year. Additionally, area schools are identified as some of the top in the state while the local university provides further educational opportunities.
Novant Health offers:
· 2 year salary guarantee
· NH Medical Group employed
· Medical and Retirement Benefits
· Relocation Allowance
· CME Allowance
· System wide EHR-Epic
· Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
· Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
· Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
· Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
· Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
· A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
· Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
· Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
· The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
· In 2022, Novant Health was included on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers and America’s Best-in-State Employers list. The Disability Equality Index also named Novant Health on its Best Places to Work list.
· In 2021, Novant Health reported $1.1 billion in total community benefit, including $192.7 million in financial assistance to members of the communities we serve.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
Learn more about Novant Health