Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center (NHRMC) in beautiful Wilmington, North Carolina, is seeking a Movement Disorders outpatient neurologist to join their practice. The new movement specialist will join two existing movement disorder providers and will have the option to perform DBS programming. Novant Health Neurology in Wilmington is home to 28 care providers, specializing in a wide variety of services including stroke, neuromuscular, epilepsy and seizures, headaches, movement disorders and intensive care.
- 800 bed teaching hospital affiliated with The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- ALS Clinic
Novant Health physician clinics
Novant Health medical group physician clinics include more than 1,800 physicians and over 600 clinic locations throughout North and South Carolina. Physicians and clinics provide primary, specialty and urgent medical care in local neighborhoods, communities and hospitals. Collectively, they work together to improve the practice of medicine. The clinics have converted to electronic medical record and provide their patients with MyChart, an online portal for easy access to medical information, test results, prescription reorders and communication with physician and clinic staff.
Being a Southern coastal town, Wilmington offers a variety of activities: historic downtown, Thalian Hall performing arts center, beaches and water activities, fishing nightlife, golf, tennis, great restaurants. Our community offers many family oriented events, festivals and activities. Additionally, area schools are identified as some of the top in the state while the local university provides further educational opportunities.
Come join us!
Our specialized, multidisciplinary care teams include:
Neurosciences at Novant Health
- Our neurosciences team includes more than 150 experts devoted to the art and science of brain and spine care and delivering remarkable patient outcomes.
- Novant Health is the only health system in the state to have two Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Centers and five Primary Stroke Centers, meaning we provide the highest level of stroke care.
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center is the only neuro-ICU with dedicated fellowship-trained neurointensivists available on-site, 24/7.
- Novant Health has two level 4 epilepsy centers certified by the NAEC, offering adult and pediatric epilepsy monitoring.
- The neurovascular laboratory has received Vascular Testing Accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
- We optimize stroke care with a dedicated neurohospitalist team caring for stroke patients from ER to discharge.
Novant Health offers:
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
Novant Health Medical Group
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
- In 2022, Novant Health was included on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers and America’s Best-in-State Employers list. The Disability Equality Index also named Novant Health on its Best Places to Work list.
- In 2021, Novant Health reported $1.1 billion in total community benefit, including $192.7 million in financial assistance to members of the communities we serve.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
Join us, and let’s transform healthcare together.